Internet Marketing Tips
The web is filled with Internet marketing tips – some of them great and some of them recycled and out of date. How do you, as a startup marketer, know which tips will help you master the strategies that have made so many men and women filthy rich? Gathered below are a series of simple tips that will help you focus on, master, and generate your own Internet marketing strategies.
Internet Marketing Tips 101
Internet marketing starts and ends with your audience and how you approach them. So, before you can do anything, you need to do some research and learn about your niche and your audience.
* Niche Research – Niche research involves getting to know who your potential customers will be. Use sites like Clickbank and Amazon to review both good products and demand. On Amazon, you can find products and niches based on how many reviews a product has. More than 20 reviews means that thousands of copies have been purchased. Additionally, visit forums and blogs where industry experts gather to share with interested readers. Learn the terms and the needs of your target audience.
* Keyword Research – Keyword research is probably the most ignored aspect of online money making. One of the best Internet marketing tips I can give you is to spend as much time as possible learning about keywords from tools like Traffic Travis and running through them in AdWords or competition searches. Know the phrases you should target well.
Internet Marketing Tips for Your Website
Once you’ve gotten a good idea of what you’re product, niche, and audience will be, it’s time to start generating websites to market those products. There are many different sites you can build – from blogs to forums to squeeze pages or full blown sales letters.
* Learn the Basics of Sales Writing – Whether you’re writing 150 word squeeze page or a 10,000 word sales letter, learn the basics of effective sales writing to influence and entice your readers to follow your calls to action. There are dozens of methods you can use to generate interest in your product – from powerful headlines to benefits laden product descriptions to carefully worded guarantees and pitches.
* Email Marketing – One of the most important Internet Marketing tips you’ll ever receive is to setup an account with an autoresponder service like AWeber of GetResponse and start gathering email addresses from within your niche. Do this by inserting a newsletter subscription form into your squeeze page or your website and offering some for free to entice readership. A 6 day free mini-course or a free report are both good ways to gather readers that you can contact later to make sales.
The most important part of any marketing campaign is to get traffic to your site. You do this with sound back linking and SEO.
* Viral and Social Marketing – To generate interest, you must saturate the Internet with content that points back to you. Use social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Digg, and YouTube to place interesting content that your readers will follow. You can also use a blog to create an authority destination and set yourself up as an expert.
* Back Link Generation – Most Internet marketing tips will tell you to submit articles to directories for back links and post on forums or blogs with comments. However, you should also use tools like SEO Quake to find high PR sites with “follow” links where you can post. Use a trusted site tool to find government sites or directories that you can get listed on as well.
Ultimately, your goal as an Internet marketer is to know your audience, reach your audience, and then funnel as much of that audience as possible back to your site where they can buy your products. Once you master those basics, you’ll be well on your way to becoming the next big marketing success.
Internet Marketing Tips